Monday, May 07, 2007

Reality Check

My heart broke when I watched this video. Partly because of what I saw on the video, but mostly because of what I saw in myself. There is nothing in life that brings me more joy that sharing the news of Jesus with someone whom desperately needs to hear it. Yet when I watched this video and took a deep, and honest look at my life, I think that more often than not I probably tend to act more like those in this video than how I want to be. Is it because of Ignorance? Spiritual Pride? Laziness? Busyness? Complacency? Could it even be Apathy?

Most likely it's all of the above.


That needs to change.


It's reality check time: Take a moment to watch this video. Don't just watch it for entertainment's sake, but listen to the words and really understand what's going on. For millions of people, your neighbors, acquaintances, and co-workers, this is real life.

Watch this video and than take a moment to absorb it. Then ask yourself "Who am I most like?" The question is NOT "Who do I wish I was?" or "Who am I supposed to be?" but "Who are you really like?"

I sadly suspect that you are just like me.


No comments: